Researchers are constantly testing, questioning and learning more about the role blue light plays in our eye health. Below is some of the information they have gathered in recent years.
Blue light in the news
The risks of blue light eye damage are being talked about around the world. From medical schools to national media, everyone is weighing in on the issue. Here are a few links where you can learn more.
- Blue Light Has A Dark Side (Harvard)
- Blue light from tech gadgets and digital eye strain: More than 73 percent of young adults suffer from symptoms (Washington Post)
- Do you stare at a computer all day? Then read this (Vogue)
- How to Protect Your Eyes From the Negative Effects of Digital Devices and Blue Light (Huffington Post)
- The Huge Health Issue Affecting Productivity No One’s Talking About (Reader's Digest)
- What too much screen time does to your eyes (CBS News)
- How Blue Light From Your Phone May Be Hurting Your Eyes (and How to Treat It) (Health)
- Screens may be terrible for you, and now we know why (Wired)
- 5 questions: Cutting down on blue light exposure from computers, other tech devices (Philadelphia Inquirer)
- Uncertain science behind your phone's blue light dimmer (Wired)
- Doctors Warn Blue Light Can Cause Long-Term Damage To Eyes (CBS News)
- Seeing Blue: Will Chicago's New LED Streetlights Do More Harm Than Good? (WBEZ News)
In a series of clinical studies, Lutemax® 2020, the active ingredient in Blue Guard, has been proven to improve eye health. Here is some of the research collected from these clinical studies.
University of Georgia - Blue Light Study: Vision Health
Macular carotenoid supplementation improves visual and physical outcomes related to high energy source exposure and electronic digital devices (July 2017)
Experimental Eye Research
Serum and retinal responses to three different doses of macular carotenoids over 12 weeks of supplementation (March 2016)
Eye and Vision
Macular carotenoid supplementation improves disability glare performance and dynamics of photostress recovery (2016)